Fire Claims the Life of Technician in Accra, Ghana! We Need Your Help Now More Than Ever!

On Thursday Dec. 3rd at 12:00 PM, an air conditioner “exploded” in the production studio of Sunny 88.1 FM in Accra, Ghana. Tragically, a young technician who was working under the unit, died in the fire. Staff broke down the door to rescue Emmanuel and rush him to the hospital where he died from smoke inhalation.
His Mom and Dad are broken hearted…instead of planning Christmas celebrations, are planning a funeral. Emmanuel Adu-Ani was 22-years-old and had just finished Vocational training. In Africa, daughters are often forced to drop out of school after primary grades due to lack of funds. The families struggle to put the boys through school with the hope that with a good job, the sons can provide a “pension” for the parents in their old age.
We need to pay for the funeral expenses for Emmanuel. Also needed are the funds to rebuild the production studios.  All the equipment was burned and the on-air studio next door is unusable form smoke damage.

Speak Your Mind